Laboratory of Electrochemistry and Physico-chemistry of Materials and Interfaces 1130 rue de la piscine, BP 75 38402 St Martin d'Hères, France
My? ?actual? ?research field is situated in the? ?bioelectrochemical engineering and more particularly in the biological production of hydrogen,? ?an energetic vector used as principal combustible in fuel cell.
The studied bio-processes produce hydrogen by process from organic? acids ?found either in industrial effluents or issued from a previous dark biofermentation process or by chemical transformation of biomasses??.?
The studied biological organism? ?principally? ?concerns the non pathogenous anaerobic photosynthetic bacterium,? ?Rhodobacter capsulatus? ?in reason of various advantages? ?(light spectra use of 68.5%?) ?degradation of? ?great range of carbonated substrates? (?lactate,? ?acetate,? ?.....?)?,? ?one of the greater productivity? (?130? ?ml H2/h/g bacterial dry weight in batch culture and? ?320? ?ml H2/h/g bacterial dry weight in? ?continuous culture?)?.
Under photosynthetic conditions,? ?the produced hydrogen purity reached? ?85-95%,? ?with a substrate conversion of? ?50-95%.? ?The hydrogen can be directly converted,? ?without a purification step,? ?in electricity inside a fuel cell? (?PEMFC or SOFC? ?noted B see above)?.
Different carbon substrates can be used by? ?Rhodobacter capsulatus:? ?cheese industry waste,? ?potato industry,? ?cane sugar industry,? ?....? ?and all type of industry which products carbonated waste rich either in lactate,? ?acetate,? ?....compounds.
The methodology of DOE? (?design of experiments?) ?is regularly and successfully applied? ?in the laboratory using? ?the? ?two photosynthetic? ?lab-made chambers? (?45? ?experiments? ?tested? ?in parallel?) ?or during international collaborations? (?ethylen bioproduction,? ?H2 bioproduction from whey ....)?.
* Ph.D. degree, Cellular and Molecular Biology, 24 November 1987, University Grenoble 1, France.
* Post Doc CREMGP (Research Center in Mineral Electrochemistry and Chemical Enginnering), Grenoble Institut of Technology, France 10/01/1987-10/01/1989.
* National University of Columbia (UNAL Bogota) 10/2009-02/2012.
* Hydrogen production by photosynthetic bacteria (Rhodobacter capsulatus, Rhodobacter sphaeroides, R. rubrum, R. palustris)
* Design of Experiment (DOE) methodology
mise à jour le 24 février 2021