LEPMI-PHELMA Campus 1130 rue de la Piscine 38402 Saint Martin d'Hères cedex
Site internet : http://
Dr, HDR, graduated from the “Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Electrochimie et d’Electrométallurgie de Grenoble”, Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble, Research director at CNRS. He obtained a PhD degree in 1988 at the Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble, working on the synthesis, characterization and electrochemical properties of graphite oxide. In 1989 he joined the CNRS, working on the synthesis and characterisation of CVD diamond films, then the electrochemical properties of boron-doped diamond.
Since 1994, he progressively moved towards the use of Raman spectroscopy for the analysis of these CVD diamond films, with special emphasis to the use of pulsed spectroscopy for the in situ analysis through the plasma, the development of Raman imaging for the analysis of semiconducting materials, the development of deep UV Raman spectroscopy for the analysis of wide band gap materials and ceramic materials, including nanodiamonds. The purpose of the measurements is mainly to extract material properties (structural, electronic and thermal properties, strain, …) from the line shape of specific Raman lines. Chemically or electrochemically modified surfaces are also under investigation. Recently, he has considered the use of labelled gases to extract diffusion coefficients in ceramic materials, in particular thermally grown ZrO2 layers on zircaloy substrates.
Concerning diamond nanoparticles, the purpose of the current measurements is twofold: understanding the different observed features, understanding the evolution of the spectra under UV illumination.
He is co-author of more than 120 publications, and two 3 book chapters.
He is a member of the French Group for Vibrational Spectroscopy (GFSV, https://www.gfsv.net/gfsv/).
- Standard electrochemical behavior of high-quality, boron-doped polycrystalline diamond thin-film electrodes, M. C. Granger, J. Xu, M. Witek, M. Hupert, A. Hanks, M. D. Koppang, J. Butler, G. Lucazeau, M. Mermoux, J. W. Strojek and G. M. Swain, Anal. Chem. (2000) DOI: 10.1021/ac0000675.
- FTIR AND 13C NMR-Study of graphite oxide, M. Mermoux, Y. Chabre and A. Rousseau, Carbon. (1991) DOI: 10.1016/0008-6223(91)90216-6.
- Analysis of the structure of multi-component carbon films by resonant Raman scattering, B. Marcus, L. Fayette, M. Mermoux, L. Abello, G. Lucazeau, J. Appl. Phys.. (1994) DOI: 10.1063/1.357476.
- Photochemical oxidation of hydrogenated boron-doped diamond surfaces, R. Boukherroub, X. Wallart, S. Szunerits, B. Marcus, P. Bouvier, M. Mermoux, Electrochem. Comm. (2005) DOI: 10.1016/j.elecom.2005.05.010.
- Surface Modifications of Detonation Nanodiamonds Probed by Multiwavelength Raman Spectroscopy, M. Mermoux, A. Crisci, T. Petit, H. Girard, J.C. Arnault, J. Phys. Chem. C. (2014) DOI: 10.1021/jp507377z.
- Carboxylated nanodiamonds are neither cytotoxic nor genotoxic on liver, kidney, intestine and lung human cell lines, V. Paget, J.A. Sergent, R. Grall, S. Morel, H. A. Girard, T. Petit, C. Gesset, M. Mermoux, P. Bergonzo, J.C. Arnault, S. Chevillard, Nanotoxicology. (2014) DOI: 10.3109/17435390.2013.855828.
- The use of micro-Raman imaging to measure 18O tracer distribution in thermally grown zirconia scales, M. Guérain, M. Mermoux, C. Duriez, Corrosion Science. (2015) DOI: 10.1016/j.corsci.2015.05.020.
- "Local order in CVD diamond films: a comparative Raman, X-ray diffraction and X-ray absorption near edge study", L. Fayette, B. Marcus, M. Mermoux, G. Tourillon, K. Laffon, P. Parent and F. Lenormand, Phys. Rev B, 57 (1998), 14123-14132, DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.57.14123
- "Nucleosides and ODN electrochemical detection onto boron doped diamond electrodes"E. Fortin, J. Chane-Tune, P. Mailley, S. Szunerits, B. Marcus, J.-P. Petit, M. Mermoux, E. Vieil, Bioelectrochemistry, 63 (2004) 303-306, DOI: 10.1016/j.bioelechem.2003.10.027
- "Raman imaging and Kelvin probe microscopy for the examination of the heterogeneity of doping in polycrystalline boron-doped diamond electrodes", S. Szunerits, M. Mermoux, A. Crisci, B. Marcus, P. Bouvier, D. Delabouglise, J.P. Petit, S. Janel, R.Boukherroub, L. Tay, J. Phys. Chem. B, 110 (2006) 23888-23897 DOI: 10.1021/jp064429+
mise à jour le 20 mars 2019